Saturday, May 12, 2012

Work with hands


Just wondering, my mother spent her first 15 yrs in village, chasing cows for cow dung to use for fuel, milking cows, grinding wheat for daily use, playing in fields………………………..I am yet to learn a lot of things to do by my hands.

If I have to nail a hole in the wall, I wait for the carpenter. I see myself handicapped when it comes to doing a lot of day to day chores………..O-campus is bringing me back to basics and asking me to use my hands to work. 

I planted trees – all my l life I waited for the gardener to plant in my garden, get the soil etc etc.:)

I saw the team of mud block, with so much ease they settled in new place – I am learning from them. They carry a bag full of utensils, one stove, few more essentials and one shoulder bag for clothes, As soon as they reached they made friends with locals, found places to eat, bath and ..................all set to work next day. They are young boys (14 to 25 yrs old). They cook, they work, they source essentials, they sue hands.



No comments:

Post a Comment