Friday, May 11, 2012

Communication is fun


For some reasons Venkattap is toooooooo eager to make boundary with the thorny plants and clear all the thorny plants from the site. I explained to him we cannot yet finally put boundary as survey is pending – in a day 4-5 times he will tell me “sara pak ker dalta ho and sab kanta boundary pe dal data ho”. Yesterday, I told him “LISTEN………”. And after some time like a child he again repeated the same. Asa exploded with laughter seeing my face after all this LISTEN.  Now I just listen to him and say “no, not now”. More than me, he is waiting for survey J

Sriram, our mason is learning to deal with my inability to understand his language. Sometimes he literally pulls his hairs on the site, when I give him blank looks after he explains to me the whole ramayan of his work. First he will pull his hairs, then look for someone who can converse with me in some broken English, Kannada…………..He thinks I still know a bit of Kannada with my sawlpa and erdu knowledge. Yesterday finally he drew on the ground and explained to me J We both are exploring many ways of communicating.

No comments:

Post a Comment