Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Internet at O-campus

My thoughts on requirement of internet at O-campus. We can re-look at the way we have been looking at internet as source of learning and information.


We were discussing about preparation of O-campus form 4th June. The requirement of internet came – Later I was reflecting and thinking

We have Lantena at O-campus
We have villagers who have grown Lantana for boundary wall
Me and Asa called Rat to google “how t o grow Lantana”.

Well, this tell me a lot about
  • how I have been shying away from experimenting
  • Not staying with something
  • Not trying enough
  • Working with SPECIFIC goals and results
Reflecting back in Aarohi.

In O-campus – let us start without internet as a primary tool to find information or learn. Kids at Aarohi use internet extensively for finding information - reflecting back I feel “it has to start with me” – I have to bring in various resources before I rely on net to find any information. I have to experiment, I have to explore, I have to stay with the problem I have to interact and observe other people…………….it has to began with me.

Past one month I had minimum access of internet, i did not miss it. I had ample resources around me to learn :).

1 comment:

  1. Experimenting is the Queen and failures and fun are its children.
    Let the king Aarohi marry her!
    Learning obviously is the kingdom we are talking about.

    ReplyDelete