Thursday, April 12, 2012

It time to start

The decision to make the first building with mud block was taken based on what is available on the site, the need of a permanent structure, the research going in this use of material by many others…………………Open to be questioned on all these criteria.

Current concern “use of cement in making of mud blocks”.

This is how I look at it
  • We move ahead with first building with Mud blocks - Understand the process
  • Meanwhile connect with more people to explore options
  • Invite more people on the site to explore with them.
  • For me still the people like mason and craftsman are my guiding force. So would like to learn with them rather all by myself. They are my resources.

I am open to do more experimentation, more research, interact and learn from others but for me work happening parallel is equally important.I have spent one year on exploring various ways to work on this starting of construction - I think its time to start the action.

I have no fixed method to tell you when it is time to start - You can say "gut" feeling. I did research on chidlren and learning before I started working, met 60-70 people in Bangalore, read a lot of books and finally got frustrated with my own research and expressed "now its time to do something" and we announced our first programme.

I am at same feeling with O-campus "its time to start".

Aarohi children announced few months back "we do not want to come for meetings, call us only when you start work at the site, we want to do something on the site".

No comments:

Post a Comment